Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lima

I got back from Lima yesterday. It was awesome. The city has tall buildings, a highway system, malls, American food. It was a real change from Arequipa. We went to Papa John's, McDonald's, Dunkin' Donuts, and 1 Mexican restuarant. The tastiest three days I've had here.

We went to their Plaza De Arms (city center), the government palace, and a church with Catacombs. I liked the church, but they made me translate from Spanish to English because most of the group didn't speak Spanish and they didn't offer a tour in English for several more hours. That was not fun; a lot of the vocabulary terms were religious and artistic and things I didn't know the translations for. What made things worse was that one of the members of our group was an art teacher and very religous.

We stayed at this really cool hostel called the Flying Dog. So if you're ever in Lima on a budget, I recommend it.

That's all. Maybe I'll have pictures later, but I forgot my camera at the hostel most of the time, so I'll have to get some from the other guys.

-Chris

Learn Spanish: Catacumbas (Caht Ah Koom Bahs) (Catacombs)

No comments: