Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Freedom

Finally, after weeks of studying for hours and getting nowhere, I've finished with school. I'm now devoting the majority of my time to sleeping in, watching TV shows online, and the ever-so-popular eating. Sorry to say, exercising didn't make the list.

We (by "we", I mean "I") got the computer back up and running. So now I can go back to doing what I do best; searching the internet for obscure and pointless information. I'm not sure if I'm learning more from sitting here all day than I did at school, but here's a list of things I did learn there:
1) How to hold a scalpel
2) How to skin someone (incredibly gross)
3) The difference between arteries, veins, nerves, and tendons on a dead guy
4) Advanced medical vocabulary in Spanish
5) How to prepare a biopsy
6) The equation for determining whether a person is diabetic or not
7) How to sew someone up
8) How to translate medical text
9) Never address a doctor as "professor"

That's it I guess. I'm sure there are others that elude me at the moment. For those of counting the days, 11 days until I leave and 12 until I get home.

Learn Spanish: BisturĂ­ (Bee Stur EE) (Scalpel)

No comments: